Raices Taller 222 Art Gallery & Workshop
March 2 – April 20, 2019
CALL TO ARTISTS
Cesar Estrada Chavez (March 31, 1927- April 23, 1993) the late founder and president of the United Farm Workers of America, had deep confidence in the ability of people to move mountains of injustice. Millions followed him on his journey to win monumental gains for farm workers, for civil rights, political representation for racial minorities and environmental justice. These achievements place him as one of the most outstanding leaders of the twentieth century. In honor of Cesar Chavez, for our upcoming exhibition “Common Ground” we are looking for artwork that addresses the things that unite us as well as divide us - hope, change, equality, justice, community, education, creativity, etc. You are encouraged to submit paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography, and mixed media work.
1. All 2 dimensional artwork must be complete and ready for installation with appropriate hanging hardware, wires, and/or frames.
2. All 3 dimensional artwork must be complete and ready for installation. Sculpture consideration includes size, suitability for the display environment, and safety.
1. Maximum of 3 submissions per artist to be reviewed
2. To submit electronically, email jpeg images of your work to be reviewed to by end of day Saturday, February 23, 2019. In your email, please include your name and telephone number as well as the name of each piece, dimensions, medium and price. Entries not containing this information will not be considered.
3. To submit in person, bring in your work to be reviewed to the gallery on Monday February 25, 2019 or Tuesday February 26, 2019 from 4 - 7 pm.
4. When pricing your work, please keep in mind that the gallery percentage is 30% of the total sale price.
5. If you have not done so in the past, please provide us with a recent artist's resume or bio.
NOTE: If your submission is accepted, a suggested donation of $30 helps us to recover the costs associated with representing and marketing your artwork. However, as a 501(C)(3) educational nonprofit, any amount you are able to donate is appreciated and benefits our organization, our mission and our work in the community. We are a 100% volunteer-run organization so 100% of your donations helps to keep us going!
Muchas gracias and we look forward to your submissions and participation!
RAICES TALLER 222 ART GALLERY & WORKSHOP
218 E. 6th Street
Tucson, AZ 85705
Raices Taller 222 Art Gallery & Workshop is Tucson's only Latino based nonprofit cooperative contemporary art gallery located in the Historic Warehouse District
Follow us on FaceBook!